Transitional Housing for Homeless Families:
- 23 units of 2 and 3 bedrooms are planned for construction. Eighteen of these units will be managed by the Athens Area Homeless Shelter. The remaining 5 units will be under the management of Advantage Behavioral Health Systems.
- Athens Area Homeless Shelter will utilize 18 units for homeless families with children who are working toward sustainable independence.
- AAHS currently operates a homeless shelter on Barber Street which houses up to six families at a time. In addition, AAHS receives funds for Rapid Re-Housing which has re-housed hundreds of families in Athens-Clarke County.
- AAHS has extensive experience operating these programs and has proven capacity to operate successful programs.
- Advantage Behavioral Health Systems will utilize five units for homeless families with children who have presented with a severe behavioral health disorder which may include mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Advantage currently operates over 100 scattered site apartment units within the Athens Metro area. Advantage has successfully operated these grant funded programs for over 10 years and has demonstrated the capacity to successfully operate and manage subsidized housing programs targeting homeless individuals and families with behavioral health disorders.